Woke up this morning with a lovely comment in my inbox – I was thrilled to discover I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award. Massive thanks to Marie at My So Called Crunchy Life for nominating me!
Marie’s blog is close to my heart, as it talks about subjects like breastfeeding, and living a healthy lifestyle with your littles. You can read her acceptance post there.
It’s so nice when a fellow member of the blogging community recognises your efforts in producing blog content – so big virtual hugs to you, Marie!
Accepting the award requires answering some questions that will help support fellow bloggers at the start of their blogging careers:
Why did I start blogging?
Natural skincare is my passion. I want to help parents find healthy alternatives to the products they find in chemists and supermarkets. I love to diary my life with photos and writing, and my blog is an extension of that.
Blogging helps me to document and share the products and ingredients I uncover. I’ve put time and effort into learning the skincare and beauty brands that can be trusted, and want to share them.
At the same time I’d love to be recognised and supported for my efforts by earning affiliate commission. I really love the products I suggest on my blog, and I know you’ll love them too!
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers
Not particularly practical, but I keep my blog by these two philosophies:
Write with love
Having a passion for your subject will come across in your writing and allow you to really help others. You’ll feel motivated to write each day, and you’ll have a wealth of topics to write about. Boredom is a killer!
Go outside your comfort zone
This applies to researching your topics, uncovering facts, building your network, and finding new readers. Talking about my blog in real life really pushes me out of my comfort zone, but doing so motivates me to write for my audience. I’m a quiet person, so being very active with new people on social media can sometimes leave me feeling uncomfortable, but I’m embracing it, as I’m meeting so many awesome people!
Here are fifteen inspirational bloggers who’ve influenced my blogging journey who I nominate to receive the Blogger Recognition Award.
- Samantha at The Beauty Spyglass
- Bunny Scout at Bunny in the Bush
- Morgan at Not Your Typical Hippie
- Fiona at Mumma Morrison
- Sophie at This Mama Can
- Nicole at Tales From Mamaville
- Vicky at The Mummy Bubble
- Kira at Unconventional Kira
- Whitney at Lazy Life with Littles
- Emma at Herbs and Herbs
- Jamie at The Mom Gene
- Muriel at Birth Purpose
- Pooja at Pooja’s Rose Tinted Glasses
- Claudia at Conscious Earth Mama
- Lisa at Lisa Williams x
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
If you accept your nomination, follow these rules and join the fun!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how/why you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice you would give to brand new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you have nominated them, giving the link to the post you have created.
So once again, thanks to Marie at My So Called Crunchy Life, and thanks to all the bloggers listed who support me with their inspirational writing, likes, comments, and shares.